Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the website of Geek's University. Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully before using our website. By accessing and using this website, you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. If you do not agree with any part of these Terms & Conditions, please do not use our website.
- Use of Website 1.1 You may use our website for personal and non-commercial purposes in accordance with these Terms & Conditions. 1.2 You are solely responsible for any information or content you submit or transmit through our website.
- Intellectual Property 2.1 The content, materials, and information available on our website, including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, images, videos, and software, are the property of Geek's University or its licensors and are protected by applicable intellectual property laws. 2.2 You may not reproduce, distribute, modify, or create derivative works of any content on our website without prior written permission from Geek's University.
- Third-Party Websites Our website may contain links to third-party websites. These links are provided for your convenience, and Geek's University does not endorse or take responsibility for the content, products, or services offered on these third-party websites. Accessing and using third-party websites are subject to their respective terms and conditions.
- Disclaimer of Warranties 4.1 Geek's University makes no representations or warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, regarding the accuracy, completeness, reliability, or availability of our website or the content therein. 4.2 We reserve the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of our website at any time without prior notice.
- Limitation of Liability 5.1 Geek's University shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with your use of our website. 5.2 You agree to indemnify and hold Geek's University harmless from any claims, losses, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from your use of our website or violation of these Terms & Conditions.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Judicial Court of City of Lisbon. Any dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms & Conditions or your use of our website shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Judicial Court of City of Lisbon.
- Changes to Terms & Conditions Geek's University reserves the right to modify or update these Terms & Conditions at any time without prior notice. The updated version will be effective upon posting on our website. It is your responsibility to review these Terms & Conditions periodically.
By using our website, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to these Terms & Conditions.
By registering and becoming a member, you agree to be bound by these Membership Conditions. If you do not agree with any part of these Membership Conditions, please do not proceed with the membership registration.
- Membership Eligibility 1.1 Membership is open to individuals who meet the eligibility criteria set by Geek's University. The eligibility criteria may include age restrictions, educational qualifications, or other requirements specified by the university. 1.2 By registering as a member, you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Membership Benefits 2.1 As a member of Geek's University, you will have access to certain features, resources, and services available exclusively to our members. 2.2 The specific benefits and privileges of membership will be outlined on our website or communicated to you separately.
- Membership Fees and Payments 3.1 Membership fees, if applicable, will be clearly stated on our website or during the registration process. By becoming a member, you agree to pay the specified fees, if any, in a timely manner. 3.2 Membership fees are non-refundable, unless otherwise specified by Geek's University.
- Account Security 4.1 You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your membership account credentials, including your username and password. 4.2 You agree not to share your account credentials with anyone else or allow anyone else to access your account. 4.3 You are solely responsible for any activity that occurs under your membership account.
- Termination of Membership 5.1 Geek's University reserves the right to terminate or suspend your membership, without prior notice, if you violate these Membership Conditions or engage in any prohibited activities. 5.2 You may cancel your membership at any time by following the instructions provided on our website or by contacting us directly.
- Use of Member Resources and Content 6.1 Any resources, materials, or content provided to members through our website are for personal and non-commercial use only. 6.2 You may not reproduce, distribute, modify, or create derivative works of any member resources or content without prior written permission from Geek's University.
- Changes to Membership Conditions Geek's University reserves the right to modify or update these Membership Conditions at any time without prior notice. The updated version will be effective upon posting on our website. It is your responsibility to review these Membership Conditions periodically.
By becoming a member of our website, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to these Terms & Conditions.
Payment & Billing:
- Payment Methods 1.1 Geek's University accepts payment for its products or services through various payment methods, including but not limited to credit/debit cards.
- Payment Obligations 2.1 By making a purchase or enrolling in a program or service offered by Geek's University, you agree to pay the specified fees and any applicable taxes or charges associated with the purchase. 2.2 Payment obligations must be fulfilled within the specified timeframe and according to the payment terms provided by Geek's University. Failure to make timely payment may result in the suspension or cancellation of your access to the products or services.
- Billing Cycle 3.1 If you have subscribed to a recurring payment plan for a subscription-based service or program, you will be billed according to the billing cycle specified at the time of enrollment. The billing cycle may be monthly, quarterly, annually, or as otherwise indicated. 3.2 You authorize Geek's University to automatically charge your chosen payment method for each billing cycle unless you cancel or modify your subscription prior to the next billing date.
- Price Changes 4.1 Geek's University reserves the right to modify the prices of its products or services at any time. However, any price changes will not affect ongoing subscriptions or purchases already made, unless otherwise specified.
- Refunds and Cancellations 5.1 The Geek's University memberships have a no refund policy due to the nature of our digital products. We do not allow customers to “try it out” – all sales are final.
- Taxes and Duties 6.1 You are responsible for paying any applicable taxes, duties, or other government charges imposed on your purchase or subscription, as required by the applicable laws and regulations.
- Data Security 7.1 Geek's University takes appropriate measures to ensure the security of your payment information. However, Geek's University is not liable for any unauthorized access, loss, or misuse of your payment details that may occur beyond our control.
By making a purchase or enrolling in a program or service provided by Geek's University, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to these Terms & Conditions.
Refusal of Service:
At Geek's University, we strive to provide a positive and inclusive learning environment for all individuals. However, there may be circumstances in which we may need to refuse or restrict service to ensure the safety and well-being of our community. Our refusal of service policy is outlined as follows:
- Grounds for Refusal of Service 1.1 Geek's University reserves the right to refuse service to any individual or organization if their actions, behavior, or requests are deemed to be in violation of our policies, terms and conditions, or applicable laws and regulations. 1.2 We may refuse service if it poses a threat to the security, integrity, or reputation of Geek's University or its members, including students, faculty, staff, and other stakeholders. 1.3 Discrimination, harassment, or any form of harmful conduct towards any individual or group based on factors such as race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or disability will not be tolerated and may result in refusal of service.
- Communication and Explanation 2.1 If Geek's University decides to refuse service, we will make reasonable efforts to communicate the reasons for our decision to the affected individual or organization. 2.2 Depending on the circumstances, we may provide an explanation verbally, in writing, or through electronic means.
- Review and Appeals 3.1 If an individual or organization disagrees with the refusal of service decision, they may have the right to request a review or appeal the decision. 3.2 The process for review or appeal will be communicated on a case-by-case basis, and the decision will be at the sole discretion of Geek's University.
- Compliance with Laws and Regulations 4.1 Our refusal of service policy complies with all applicable laws and regulations governing discrimination, equal opportunity, and other relevant aspects of service provision.
- Changes to the Refusal of Service Policy 5.1 Geek's University reserves the right to modify or update this Refusal of Service Policy at any time without prior notice. The updated version will be effective upon posting on our website. It is your responsibility to review this policy periodically.
By making a purchase or enrolling in a program or service provided by Geek's University, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to these Terms & Conditions.
Refusal of Service:
- Ownership of Intellectual Property 1.1 Geek's University recognizes the importance of intellectual property rights and respects the rights of creators and innovators. Unless otherwise stated in a separate agreement, Geek's University retains ownership of all intellectual property rights related to its products, services, and content, including but not limited to software, course materials, research findings, and publications. 1.2 The intellectual property rights of faculty, staff, students, and other contributors are governed by the applicable laws, policies, and agreements, which may include separate intellectual property agreements or policies.
- Use of Intellectual Property 2.1 Geek's University grants users a non-exclusive, non-transferable, and limited license to use its intellectual property solely for personal, non-commercial purposes related to their educational pursuits or as otherwise permitted by Geek's University. 2.2 Any use, reproduction, distribution, or modification of Geek's University's intellectual property without prior written permission is strictly prohibited, unless expressly allowed under applicable copyright or intellectual property laws. 2.3 Users must comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the use and protection of intellectual property rights.
- User-Generated Content 3.1 Users of Geek's University's platforms or services may have the opportunity to create or contribute user-generated content, such as discussions, assignments, or projects. By submitting user-generated content, users grant Geek's University a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, and display the content for educational and promotional purposes related to Geek's University. 3.2 Users are responsible for ensuring that their user-generated content does not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of third parties. Geek's University reserves the right to remove or disable access to any user-generated content that violates intellectual property rights or is otherwise deemed inappropriate or in violation of our policies.
- Reporting Intellectual Property Infringement 4.1 If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been infringed upon by Geek's University or its users, please contact us promptly with the following information: a) A description of the copyrighted work or intellectual property being infringed. b) Sufficient information to identify the infringing material or activity. c) Your contact information, including name, address, phone number, and email address. d) A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner. e) A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the information provided is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Changes to the Intellectual Property Policy 5.1 Geek's University reserves the right to modify or update this Intellectual Property Policy at any time without prior notice. The updated version will be effective upon posting on our website. It is your responsibility to review this policy periodically.
Community Code of Conduct:
At Geek's University, we are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and respectful community for all individuals. Our Community Code of Conduct outlines the standards of behavior expected from all members of our community, including students, faculty, staff, and visitors. By participating in our community, you agree to abide by the following principles:
- Respect and Inclusion 1.1 Treat all individuals with respect, dignity, and fairness, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. 1.2 Embrace diversity and promote inclusivity by valuing different perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. 1.3 Avoid engaging in discriminatory, harassing, or offensive behavior, including but not limited to making derogatory remarks, engaging in hate speech, or engaging in any form of bullying.
- Academic Integrity 2.1 Uphold the highest standards of academic integrity and honesty in all academic activities, including assignments, exams, research, and publications. 2.2 Give proper credit to the ideas, research, and work of others through appropriate citations and references. 2.3 Do not engage in plagiarism, cheating, or any other form of academic dishonesty.
- Responsible Use of Resources 3.1 Respect and protect the resources provided by Geek's University, including but not limited to physical facilities, equipment, software, and digital platforms. 3.2 Use these resources responsibly, ethically, and in compliance with applicable laws, policies, and licenses. 3.3 Do not engage in unauthorized access, tampering, or misuse of resources.
- Communication and Collaboration 4.1 Engage in respectful and constructive communication and collaboration with fellow community members. 4.2 Listen attentively, consider different viewpoints, and respond thoughtfully and respectfully. 4.3 Refrain from engaging in disruptive, harassing, or offensive behavior during discussions, meetings, or any other form of communication.
- Professionalism and Conduct 5.1 Conduct yourself professionally and responsibly, both within the Geek's University community and in external engagements that may reflect on the university. 5.2 Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and policies, including those related to harassment, discrimination, and ethical conduct. 5.3 Demonstrate integrity, honesty, and ethical behavior in all interactions and activities.
- Reporting Violations 6.1 If you witness or experience any violations of this Community Code of Conduct, promptly report the incident to the appropriate channels as specified by Geek's University. 6.2 Reports will be handled confidentially and investigated in a fair and impartial manner. 6.3 Retaliation against individuals who report violations in good faith is strictly prohibited.
- Consequences of Violations 7.1 Violations of this Community Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary action, which can include warnings, probation, suspension, or expulsion, depending on the severity and frequency of the violation. 7.2 Geek's University reserves the right to take appropriate action to address any behavior that undermines the well-being and safety of the community.
- Changes to the Community Code of Conduct 8.1 Geek's University reserves the right to modify or update this Community Code of Conduct at any time without prior notice. The updated version will be effective upon posting on our website. It is your responsibility to review this code periodically.
By participating in our community, you agree to adhere to these Terms & Conditions and contribute to a positive and inclusive environment for all.
At Geek's University, we welcome and value the participation of individuals from around the world in our educational programs and services. This International Users Policy sets forth guidelines and considerations for international users accessing and engaging with our website, platforms, and services:
- Compliance with Laws and Regulations 1.1 International users must comply with all applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations when accessing and using Geek's University's website, platforms, and services. 1.2 Users are responsible for ensuring that their participation does not violate any laws or regulations of their respective jurisdictions.
- Language Considerations 3.1 Geek's University may offer content and services in multiple languages. However, it is the responsibility of international users to ensure their understanding of the language in which they engage. 3.2 Geek's University cannot be held responsible for any misunderstandings or misinterpretations that may arise due to language differences.
- Intellectual Property Rights 5.1 International users must respect and abide by the intellectual property rights of Geek's University and third parties when accessing and using our educational content, materials, and resources. 5.2 Any unauthorized use, reproduction, distribution, or modification of intellectual property may violate copyright laws and other applicable intellectual property laws.
- Support and Services 6.1 Geek's University strives to provide support and services to international users to the best of our abilities. However, the availability and extent of support may vary depending on factors such as geographic location, time zones, and resources. 6.2 International users should refer to our support resources and contact information provided on our website for assistance.
- Limitations and Disclaimers 7.1 Geek's University makes no representations or warranties regarding the availability, accuracy, or completeness of our website, platforms, or services for international users. 7.2 Geek's University shall not be liable for any direct or indirect damages or losses incurred by international users as a result of accessing or using our website, platforms, or services.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction 8.1 Any disputes or claims arising out of or related to the participation of international users in Geek's University's programs and services shall be governed by the laws of the jurisdiction in which Geek's University is located. 8.2 International users agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that jurisdiction.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Aconite Ltd., its officers, directors, employees, agents and third parties, for any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorney's fees) relating to or arising out of your use of or inability to use the Aconite Ltd. or services, any user postings made by you, your violation of any terms of this Agreement or your violation of any rights of a third party, or your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations.
- The Aconite Ltd. reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with the Aconite Ltd. in asserting any available defenses.
Class Action Waiver:
- Purpose This Class Action Waiver policy explains the agreement between Aconite Ltd. and its customers/users regarding the resolution of disputes and the waiver of class action rights.
- Waiver of Class Action Rights 3.1 Customers/users expressly waive their rights to participate in or bring class action lawsuits, class arbitrations, or any other collective or representative actions against Aconite Ltd.. 3.2 If a customer/user wishes to assert a claim against Aconite Ltd., that claim must be pursued on an individual basis through arbitration. 3.3 This waiver of class action rights means that disputes will be resolved only on an individual basis and not as part of a class, consolidated, or representative action.
- Exceptions 4.1 Notwithstanding the above, if a court or arbitrator determines that the class action waiver is unenforceable or inapplicable to a particular claim, the customer/user agrees that the claim will not proceed as a class or collective action but will be resolved on an individual basis. 4.2 The enforceability and interpretation of this Class Action Waiver policy shall be determined by the laws and regulations of the jurisdiction in which Aconite Ltd. operates.
- Severability 5.1 In the event that any portion of this Class Action Waiver policy is deemed invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect. 5.2 The invalid or unenforceable provision shall be replaced with a valid and enforceable provision that most closely reflects the intent of the original provision.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction:
- Choice of Law 1.1 This website and any disputes arising from or related to its use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Judicial Court of City of Lisbon. 1.2 Any conflicts of law principles that would result in the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction are hereby expressly waived.
- Jurisdiction 2.1 Any legal action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in the Judicial Court of City of Lisbon. 2.2 Users of this website consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts and waive any objection to the laying of venue in such courts. 2.3 Users agree that any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to this website must be filed within the applicable statute of limitations or within 3 months after the claim or cause of action arose, whichever is earlier.
- Severability 3.1 In the event that any provision of this Governing Law & Jurisdiction clause is deemed invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect. 3.2 The invalid or unenforceable provision shall be replaced with a valid and enforceable provision that most closely reflects the intent of the original provision.
Changes to Terms:
- Right to Modify Terms 1.1 Aconite Ltd. reserves the right to modify, amend, or update these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. 1.2 Any changes to the Terms and Conditions will be effective immediately upon posting on Aconite Ltd.'s website or other relevant platforms. 1.3 It is the responsibility of users to review the Terms and Conditions periodically to stay informed of any updates or changes.
- Notification of Changes 2.1 Aconite Ltd. may, at its discretion, provide notification of significant changes to the Terms and Conditions through email, pop-up notifications, or other means. 2.2 Users are encouraged to provide accurate and up-to-date contact information to ensure receipt of such notifications.
- Acceptance of Updated Terms 3.1 By continuing to access or use Aconite Ltd.'s website or services after changes to the Terms and Conditions have been posted, users are deemed to have accepted and agreed to the updated Terms and Conditions. 3.2 If a user disagrees with the updated Terms and Conditions, their sole recourse is to discontinue using Aconite Ltd.'s website and services.
- Severability 4.1 In the event that any provision of these Terms and Conditions is deemed invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect. 4.2 The invalid or unenforceable provision shall be replaced with a valid and enforceable provision that most closely reflects the intent of the original provision.
- Governing Law 5.1 These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Judicial Court of City of Lisbon. 5.2 Any disputes arising from or related to these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in the Judicial Court of City of Lisbon.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding changes to the Terms and Conditions, please contact Aconite Ltd.'s Legal Department or designated representative.
Last updated: May 23, 2023